12.01.2012

Back...With a Vengeance!

Howdy!

Okay, lots of stuff has happened since I went off the grid several months ago. Lemme catch you up (in chronological order!).

I lost my job.
I found a girlfriend.
I found my job again.
I nearly lost my apartment.
I found a new apartment.



Okay, so when I left LA for a bit to go back to work on Serenity (my cruise ship) for a couple weeks and then to go help out my brother with a little thing he had going on (I was his Best Man), my bosses at my job said that if I was going to be gone for more than 2 weeks, I had to resign, but that they would hire me back once I was back in town.  Needless to say, that didn't work out quite like I expected, and the money I had hoped to save up from working on the ship went to pay for my expenses while I was unemployed again for 2 months.

But now I have my job back (huzzah!?) and that means I get to work part time hours for minimum wage again, and smell vaguely like stale popcorn and coconut oil all the time (yayyyy...)  But hey.  Unfulfilling work is still better than no work, right?  RIGHT??!!???  

But in that time of terrible, terrible uncertainty, I still had something to keep me sane, and that was the great film collective We Make Movies.  I've been going to it every Wednesday for the past 9 months or so, and it has been a great creative outlet for me, and a great way to meet other creative people.  And now I can say that it has led me to meet my first girlfriend in way too long, the lovely Miss L.J. Johnson!  (applause applause)

So I know there was a bit of confuzzlement on the part of...well pretty much everyone I know, whether or not I did indeed marry this chicka.  I'd tell you right here, but that would be too easy.  Also, because of the massive pressure mounting on us (mostly from our mothers), we decided to make a little video clearing the air about our relationship status.  You can watch it right here. I'll wait.


Okay, we all good?  Everything clear?  Great!  So anyway, around this same time, my roomie and I decided that we were paying way too much for rent and decided that we should try to find a more reasonable place to live (one where my depressingly small paycheck would actually cover rent).  So we put in our notice, and started hitting Craigslist hard!  But after 3 weeks of looking and missing out on some great places, and not finding anywhere that seemed like not a former meth lab in the neigborhood we wanted to be in, we started to despair that we might soon be homeless.  But then!  The fates smiled upon us!  After Thanksgiving dinner with our friends Brendan and Stina, where we had told them we were looking at a couple of places down near USC, Stina couldn't sleep that night and started looking for other places for us, and found this apartment about 4 blocks away from where we are now (because seriously, F@#k USC).

So I called up the guy the next day and we were able to check out the place that minute, and it was awesome and we said "We want this" and he said "Cool, well that other lady is probably going to put in her application right away" and we said "We should do it before her".  And we did.  And he liked us. And we got the place.  And now I'm packing up my stuff.  Cuz we're moving tomorrow!  Holy Balls!

Oh yeah, and I'm also getting a dog!  Squeeeeee!  His name is Pip.  He's amazing. Here's a picture of the two of us on a mountain being adventurers.

                         We're explorers!

No comments:

Post a Comment