7.14.2012

Dance Dance Dance!

Okay, so I feel like every time I post now, I lead off with complaining about how I don't post enough, and how I'm going to change that.  And that's super annoying to write, so I can't imagine how bad it must be to have to read.  So I'm going to try a different tact today.


I heard a great thing from a writer this week: 
"Never write when you want to.  Write when you don't want to.  If you only write when you want to, you'll never get anything done."
That awesome bit of inspiration comes from J.D. Walsh, the writer, director and producer of Battleground, Hulu's first original show.  He was one of the people interviewed at How We Make Movies this week, and he was just full of helpful advice just like that.

Bottom line, you should come to We Make Movies.  It's awesome.

So it's Saturday, and I don't feel like writing.  So that's what I'm going to do.

Deal with it.

Okay, first things first.  Catching all you lovely people up on my life.

If you haven't heard already, I have indeed managed to get representation.  I now have a commercial agent!  Boo Yakka Sha.  Although that in itself isn't really enough to get me bucketloads of auditions, because I'm still non-union. But!  I am in the process of becoming SAG eligible, and once I do that, I will be much more desirable for commercial casting directors.  I won't go into all the details about how all that works, but maybe if everyone wants to know, I'll make another post about it.

So, anyhoo, there's that.  Also, I started shooting a short film last weekend, called Overnight.  Again, it's a project I discovered through We Make Movies (seeing a theme here?).  Actually, I didn't discover it so much as Garrett, the director saw me totally nerding out one week and thought "He's my Winston!"  But either way, I'm getting to work with a great group of guys, and we're making beautiful art together. Here's some screenshots from last weekend so you can get a glimpse into the genius. 


Outside of the acting arena, it looks like I'll be going back to the cruising life for a couple weeks.  Apparently they need one more JAD (Junior Activities Director) on board for this cruise, and I was their first(?) choice!  Boo ya.  So I'll be heading out to Portugal in a couple weeks, then flying to Chicago for my brother's wedding (awesome!) and then I'll be back in LA.  So at least I'm keeping busy.

OH YEAH!  I ALMOST FORGOT!  There is one more important thing I need to tell you!  The film I did several months ago that everyone has been clamoring to see is finally done and online!  I am going to post the link and password here, but I can't mention it by name, because they're submitting it to film festivals, and it can't be googleable or it'll be disqualified.  But here it is: 


password is: trythis

Also, I can't keep this link up for more than a month or so, so watch it right now! Then let me know what you think.  I'm pretty excited about it.

That's all for now.  More to come (hopefully sooner rather than later)



No comments:

Post a Comment