2.17.2013

Consistency! Almost...

First, let me say How much I FREAKIN' LOVE Midnight City by M83. It just came up on my grooveshark and I'm just all inspired and s#!t now.  Watch this:




Small children with telekinetic powers is never a bad thing.

Awesome, right?  Now watch this:

Until it is.

Yeah.  They made the two music videos into one continuous storyline.  Awesome.

Alright, I just wanted to show that to y'all, cuz I think that's absolutely brilliant, and I like sharing brilliant things.

Now on to the main event: me!

Well, not a lot has happened since we last spoke, but there has been one pretty majorish development in my career (if it actually comes to pass).  My agent called me this week (holy crap nuggets!).  Well actually, it was one of her assistants, but that's beside the point.  While she didn't have an audition for me, she has an opportunity that's potentially just as good.  Apparently someone at the agency is working on a project (short film? Web series?  I dunno.) and she wants me to be in it in some sort of capacity.  

Now, you may be asking yourself, "Hold on Riko.  You've done lots of independent film projects already.  What makes this one so special?"  I'm glad you asked that.  This project is going to have a SAG contract, which means that if I act in it as a non-union actor, I will get Taft-Hartleyed.

Now what the f*@k does THAT mean?  Calm down, I'll explain.  One method of getting into the union is to get bit roles (non-speaking, generally) in SAG films, and when you do that you can get a waiver, and once you get enough waivers you can pay the ridiculous fees and join.  But there's another method you can do, which is to just get cast in a speaking role in a SAG film or tv show, and then they have to let you into the union.  But since it's so expensive to join, they make you what is called SAG-eligible. That means, you can keep doing SAG projects for a certain amount of time without joining the union (presumably so you can make enough money to afford the fees).

So the hope here, is, if I can become SAG-eligible, it will then become easier for my agent to get me auditions for commercials and whatnot, and then I will start to make all the monies.  Then I will become Tom Cruise.  The end.
The end.


No comments:

Post a Comment